Silk’n ReVit Microdermabrasion Device Review + Results:
This post contains affiliate links however, I do not recommend products that I have not personally used and feel are not valuable.
If you’ve ever been a spa skincare junkie, you’re likely familiar with the fantastic results of professional microdermabrasion treatments—and, at upwards of $100 per session, the not-so-fantastic cost.
What is the ReVit Microdermabrasion Device?
The Silk’nReVit is a diamond microdermabrasion method that claims to make at-home microdermabrasion more convenient (and affordable). Think of it as a posh little pressure washer for your skin—except dead skin cells and other gunk are sucked through the device rather than just blasted to the side.
It’s the vacuum stimulation, along with diamond-tip exfoliation, that Silk’nReVit claims help them deliver professional results; including a glowing, healthy complexion with diminished acne scarring, age spots, and even fine lines.
Unlike professional microdermabrasion kits (and some at-home versions), the Silk’n ReVit is a smaller, pen-shaped device. Does the Silk’n ReVit still pack all the power needed to provide quality skin resurfacing, despite its small size? Let’s take a look:
Microdermabrasion is a non-chemical, non-invasive procedure that uses an exfoliating surface, either a spray of micro-crystals or a diamond-tipped nozzle, to remove the outermost layer of dry, dead skin cells and reveal younger, healthier-looking skin.
- The microdermabrasion machines that exfoliate via a spray of micro-crystals can be extra-irritating to the skin, and excess fallout can find its way into your eyes and mouth.
- Alternatively, the dermabrasion tips of Silk’n the machines are etched with tiny diamond chips that stay put.
- Diamond microdermabrasion systems offer the strongest dermabrasion. Basically, you’re going to get better results, faster.
- Diamond-tipped nozzles generally do not require regular replacements or refills, which helps save ongoing costs.
When the Silk’n ReVit is turned on, vacuum suction is activated. Unlike simply scrubbing your skin with an exfoliant, the vacuum suction helps stimulate your circulation and assists the diamond tip in getting a better “grip” on the surface of your skin.
Once the device is pressed against the skin, the exfoliating diamond tip begins to remove dead surface layers of skin, revealing fresh, smooth skin underneath. The dead skin cells are collected in a replaceable filter. When you remove the device’s tip, you get the inexplicably satisfying experience of seeing just how much dead skin and cells were removed.
The results? Silk’nReVit claims to deliver more youthful looking skin by improving skin tone, texture, and elasticity. It also claims to help decrease the appearance of age spots, and the presence of fine lines around the eyes for an overall smoother looking skin.
How to use Silk’n ReVit?
Silk’n Revit is suitable for every skin type (just adjust intensity settings accordingly). And, while it’s primarily marketed as a facial treatment, it can also be used on your neck, hands, feet, or basically, anywhere you’d like to experience the benefits of microdermabrasion. I even use it on my lips!
For the best results, expect to use Silk’n Revit once a week. The product website states that treatments only take five minutes. But, as someone who’s used at-home microdermabrasion kits, I feel that’s only accurate if you count treating each area of your face, such as cheeks, forehead, nose, etc., separately.
Silk’n ReVit is super easy to use:
- Choose a tip head, depending on your skin sensitivity and which area you’d like to treat.
- Hold the device like a pencil and lightly drag across your face with short, careful strokes. I usually pull my skin tight with my finger to get the maximum benefits
- Rinse your face with cool water. Applying a moisturizer afterwards is recommended. I also love to use a soothing sheet mask after each of my treatments.
- Be extra-careful to apply sunscreen. Microdermabrasion reveals new skin that is more vulnerable to sun damage, reversing all your results.
- I continually do my treatments at night as my skin normally becomes red. The redness will disappear within an hour or less after treatment.
Silk’n ReVit claims that how often filters should be replaced depends on each individual. Personally, I’d recommend changing them every time. Filters are purchased by the hundreds and are very inexpensive, but allowing buildup to travel into your device reduces its overall lifespan and effectiveness.
The Silk’n ReVit is available online, through their official website. You can purchase a Silk’n ReVit for $99. Each order of a Silk’n ReVit comes with three detachable diamond treatment nozzle heads. Shipping to the US and Canada is free.
Filters will be an ongoing cost of at-home microdermabrasion—though not a steep one. Packs of 100 can be purchased for $13 on Amazon.
How Does Silk’n ReVit Stack Up?
I absolutely love the results from my Silk’nReVit. This is a photo of the filter before use, and then the after use. as you can see there was a tremendous amount of dead skin cells and “gunk” that was removed from the surface of my skin. For me, this was $99 extremely well spent. I have been using this device for over six months with incredible results in each use.
I would highly recommend this tool if you are a skincare junkie who prefers not to pay the $100+ spa microdermabrasion treatments. This investment has paid for itself by saving just one trip to the spa. Not to mention that it is an extremely effective at-home tool.