When it comes to Netflix, finding the right series to start can be a daunting task. I am always asking for recommendations because I can never find one. I have compiled my 10 favourite Netflix series that you need to watch!
- Breaking Bad: If you have not watched this.. you need to start!! NOW! I became addicted to watching this show and even binged watched most seasons. Synopsis -A high school chemistry teacher diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer turns to manufacturing and selling methamphetamine in order to secure his family’s future.
- Ozark: Synopsis -A financial adviser drags his family from Chicago to the Missouri Ozarks, where he must launder $500 million in five years to appease a drug boss.
- The Confession Tapes: Synopsis -A critical look into some true crime cases where American law enforcement made up for lack of actual physical evidence by using devious psychological tactics during interrogation in order to extract confessions from naive suspects.
- Making A Murderer: synopsis -Filmed over a 10-year period, Steven Avery, a DNA exoneree who, while in the midst of exposing corruption in local law enforcement, finds himself the prime suspect in a grisly new crime.
- Stranger Things: Synopsis -When a young boy disappears, his mother, a police chief, and his friends must confront terrifying forces in order to get him back.
- Peaky Blinders -A gangster family epic set in 1919 Birmingham, England; centered on a gang who sew razor blades in the peaks of their caps, and their fierce boss Tommy Shelby.
- The Staircase: Synopsis -The high-profile murder trial of American novelist Michael Peterson following the death of his wife in 2001.
- The Sinner: Synopsis – Anthology series that examines how and why ordinary people commit brutal crimes.
- The Fall: Synopsis – A seemingly cold but very passionate policewoman goes head to head with a seemingly passionate father who is in fact a cold serialist in this procedural out of Belfast. The only thing they share is their common complexity.
- Atypical: Synopsis – Sam, an 18-year-old on the autism spectrum, decides it’s time to find a girlfriend, a journey that sets Sam’s mom on her own life-changing path as her son seeks more independence.
Enjoy!! Let me know what you think of these. xoxo Sheryail Marie